The Society was first registered
with the Kennel Club in 1926 when a group of prominent dog folk came together
with the sole purpose of encouraging the breeding and showing of Dogs.
In 1940 activities were suspended during the war years, but after the
hostilities had ended a group of enthusiasts came together and the Society was
reformed. The Society has been successfully run since that time, including the
commencement of the Training section in 1955.
Today, people from all walks of life derive great pleasure from this hobby.
The Society usually runs an Open Show in
February or March, a Limited Show in December, training, ringcraft and monthly matches.
A warm welcome awaits anyone who would like to come along and participate in any
of the activities.
Our annual membership fees are
further information please contact the Secretary, Mrs
Karen Stirk on